Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Within view is number two... (more bad rhyming below!)

2) The Apprentice

Trump's style of speech, hair, and capitalistic rudeness are all intriguingly entertaining. Every part of the show has fascinating insight into the way the real business world works...







...It is too painful to even pretend that I am interested in this show, so I can no longer go on with this charade. I should have known not to be involve myself in Pagan holidays.

2) The Wire

The most heavily serialized show I have ever seen, The Wire's five seasons were a wonderful treat for the soul. Even though the show analyzed the way bureaucracies worked, showing us the depressing side of so many influential organizations, the inspirational part was that there were a few who fought to change it (it was a bit of a downer than none succeeded, but I was still happy).

Best Season - Season Four - Each season had reasons to be included, but the story of the broken school system was easily the most riveting. My mother's own description of the school she works at was eerily similar, though thankfully not half-way as bad. It certainly put in perspective my plan to be a math teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment