Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another Memory...

On the fateful date of my 8th birthday, many fateful things occurred.

Well actually, I just got stung by some wasps.

---

Ona birthday trip to the barn, our tractor rode along.

I was excited, for no sane reason other than being easily excitable at such a young age.

Once in the barn, our small minded dog began digging around in the corner. I became worried because there was a tractor moving about, even though it was on the other side of a large barn and it wouldn't fit into the corner anyway.

Little did I know, danger was afoot, or maybe a yard, away.

Yes, my microbrain dog was digging up a hornets nest, not as a political allegory but as a literal digging up exercise in futility.

Exclaiming in a far too girly voice, "Oh No!" I ran up to save my dog from the stinging menace.

Yeah, it was pretty dumb, much like most of my Midwest Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment