Thursday, April 2, 2009

The wait is over...

1) Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

I am not a person who easily emotes in giddy glee; it takes a special subject for me to get hyper-enthused, and Deep Space Nine is one of those few subjects.

It would take hours to describe the multitude of ways that I enjoy the series, so I will list all the things (in no specific order) that make this show special to me in a set of nouns and verbs: Sisko, cast, crew, stories, Promenade, war, politics, religion, Prophets, growth, death, Cardassians, intrigue, darkness, Defiant, credits, and Terok Nor.

Greatest Moment - The End of The Visitor - While the entire episode wrenches my heart like few other shows could, the final scenes in which Jake gives his parting advice to the young author, meets his father for the final time, and the last shot of a grieving Sisko still brings tears to my eyes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment