Sunday, March 22, 2009

And now for something slightly different...

Looking back on all those years in front of a television, I realize now that it has been well spent. I've sat through mounds of crap TV, from four-fifths of Star Trek: The Original Series to any episode of CSI: Miami I ever set my eyes on. When assessing all those hours of televised drama, I realize now that the good actually outweighs the bad.

What caused this catharsis was that I just saw the very last episode of The Wire. I was moved shocked, happy, and sad, all at the same time. In the spirit of recognizing good television, I decided my Top Nine would take a serious note by looking at the Top Nine Television Shows I Have Ever Seen.

9) Star Trek: The Next Generation

Though this show had it's rough spots (first and last seasons mainly), it led the way for an entire Franchise to grow. After ST:TNG launched, gone were the times that trekkies were merely nostalgic for the days of old but were instead able to look forward to all that would await Star Trek.

Best Episode - The Best of Both Worlds - The balanced action premise also took Jean Luc to new depths as the Borg returned to their dramatic peak. The events of this episode started a dozen trends included in every other series: cliffhangers, large events changing the scope of the galaxy, character issues left to be resolved (or complicated further) in later episodes, and the recursion of successful enemies.

Posters Note: I plan to continue this list by posting once a day. I realized I should probably be posting steady if I want to get a good audience. I also wish to apologize for posting so sporadically in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment